- are individually handcrafted by Elaine;
- feature BUCKSTITCHED or hand laced yokes,sleeve & shoulder seams & overcast edges.
- structural seams are sewn on industrial machine.
- each garment is one-of-a-kind based on hides used. Custom orders are “in the spirit” of what shown here.
- a few vests & jackets are/can be all machine sewn. Price varies.
- buffalo nickel
- indian head
- silver on women.
are general for average sizes. Then, by amount of extra hide,
length, and details must be totaled.
CALL or Email for current prices, hide availability, questions.ANY ORDER MUST HAVE TO SCHEDULE:
- A completed measurement-order form with deposit of 1/3 down (form in side bar).
- Have hides in stock.
- ALLOW 5-8 weeks for a vest.
- ALLOW 7 weeks to 3-4 months for a jacket or duster.
- ALL work is scheduled on a first-come, first basis. It is fitted into my
- work schedule.
- Christmas orders must be placed in early fall.
- ACCEPT: Mastercard-Visa-American Express; personal checks; & money
- orders. No C.O.D. Balance & postage due before shipped.
- I buy #1, good grain, US tanned deerskin hides from several sources.
- They are softened & dyed in the tannery as part of processs.
- Sometimes the suede(rough) side is used.
- buckskin(pale butter-tan).
- saddle tan(rust-brown).
- brown-various shades.
- red for woman.
- Samples of desired color(s) can be mailed to you.